CRAIG LOWNDES PRIVACY STATEMENT
Welcome to the Craig Lowndes Fan Club (“Lowndes Force”)
1. Protecting Your Privacy
1.1 Lowndes Force is committed to providing you with the highest levels
of customer service. This includes protecting your privacy.
1.2 Set out below is information that the Privacy Act requires Lowndes
Force to communicate to all users of the Fan Club. We recommend that you
keep this information for future reference.
2. Your Personal Information
2.1 We may hold a variety of personal information about you, which may
include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone/mobile
phone number, address, bank account or credit card details, occupation,
driver’s licence number, your Lowndes Force PIN password or any
other PIN or password used by you to access material on Lowndes Force.
We may also hold certain details about your personal interests.
2.2 Occasionally, you may need to provide personal information about
other individuals to us (eg about your authorized representatives). If
so, we rely on you to inform those individuals that you are providing
their personal information to us and advise them that we can be contacted
for further information – see part 12 (“how to contact us”)
2.3 If you choose not to provide personal information to us, we may not
be able to provide you with access to Lowndes Force or to the content,
products and services available from Lowndes Force.
3. How We Collect Personal Information
3.1 We collect personal information about you in a number of ways, including:
- Directly from you, when you provide information by phone, e-mail,
online or in documents such as an application form;
- From third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting
agencies or your representatives;
- From publicly available sources of information;
- From the organizations identified below under “when we disclose
your personal information”; and
- When legally required to do so.
3.2 Lowndes Force also collects personal information about you when you
access and use the website. This is described further in part 4 (“how
we collect personal information from the website”) below.
4. How We Collect Personal Information From The Website
4.1 When you visit the website, our web servers record anonymous information
such as the time, dates and URL of the request. This information assists
us to improve the structure of the website and to monitor it’s performance.
4.2 We may also use “cookies” on the website. Cookies are
an industry standard and most major websites use them. A cookie is a small
text file that the website may place on your computer. Usually, cookies
are used as a means for the websites to remember your preferences. As
such, cookies are designed to improve your experience of Lowndes Force.
4.3 In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information
about you. We extend the same privacy protection to your personal information,
whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. If you like you can
adjust your internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies
are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to
access certain areas of the website or take advantage of the improved
website experience that cookies offer.
5. Passwords and Usernames
5.1 We may issue you with various usernames or passwords to allow you
to access some of the content and information on the website.
5.2 While we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that your usernames
and passwords are not disclosed to other people, you are ultimately responsible
for maintaining the secrecy of your usernames and passwords and for ensuring
that no-one except you uses these usernames and passwords.
6. How We Use Your Personal Information
6.1 Your personal information may be used by us to:
- Give you access to the website and other content, products and services
available from the websites;
- Enter you into our competitions and promotions;
- Administer and manage the website including charging, billing and
- Inform you of changes to the website or to the content, products
and services available from the website;
- Conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and fraud;
- Research and develop the website and our other services;
- Gain an understanding of your information and communication needs
in order for us to provide you with improved websites, content and services;
- Maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including
testing and upgrading of these systems.
6.2 Your personal information is also collected to promote and market
other services that we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not
wish us to contact you regarding other services, please contact us and
6.3 All e-mails sent by us offering marketing and commercial material
will contain accurate information regarding the messages originator and
will contain a functional unsubscribe facility to allow you to opt-out
of receiving messages from us in the future.
7. When We Disclose Your Personal Information
7.1 We may disclose your personal information to each other and to organizations
outside Lowndes Force for the purposes set out in part 6 (“how we
use your personal information”) above. Lowndes Force takes reasonable
steps to ensure that these organizations are bound by confidentiality
and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal
7.2 The outside organizations to which we disclose information include:
- Outsourced service providers involved in the operation and management
of the website or the other services we provide to you, including those
- content and service development;
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery function;
- information technology services;
- installation, maintenance and repair services;
- marketing, telemarketing and door-knocking services;
- market research;
- Your representatives (e.g. your authorized representatives or legal
- Credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- Credit providers for credit related purposes such as credit worthiness,
credit rating, credit provision and financing;
- Our professional advisors, including our accountants, auditors and
- Government and regulatory authorities and other organizations as
required or authorized by law;
- Organizations involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets
or business (including accounts and trade receivable);
- Other information service providers; and
- Our related companies.
8. Help Us To Ensure We Hold Accurate Information
8.1 We take all reasonable precautions to ensure that the personal information
we collect, use and disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. However,
the accuracy of that information we hold depends to a large extent on
the information you provide. That is why we recommend that you:
- Let us know if there are any errors in your personal information;
- Keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your
name or address. (See “how to contact us” below).
9. Can Access Your Personal Information
9.1 You have a right to access your personal information, subject to some
exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know.
You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons
– see part 12 (“how to contact us”) below.
9.2 We reserve the right to charge a fee for searching for and providing
access to your information.
10. Children’s Privacy
10.1 Children’s privacy is very important to us. We ask that children
under 18 years of age obtain a parent or guardian’s consent before
accessing or using the website, or before acquiring any products via the
10.2 While we will make every reasonable effort to ensure that children’s
privacy and other rights are not compromised, it is ultimately the responsibility
of parents to monitor their children’s usage.
11. Changes To Our Privacy Statement
11.1 From time to time, we may need to change the Privacy Statement to
reflect our changing business practices. We may change the Privacy Statement
at any time by posting the changed Privacy Statement on our website and
by posting a notice to users on the home page of that website stating
that a change has occurred.
11.2 All personal information collected and held by us will be governed
by our most recent Privacy Statement, as posted on our website.
12. How To Contact Us
12.1 If you have any queries in relation to privacy, please contact Lowndes
Force on (03) 9596 9011 between 9 am and 5 pm, Monday to Friday. Please
note that this number is not for general service enquiries.
12.2 Alternatively, you can write to Lowndes Force, at 419 Bay Street,
Brighton, Victoria 3186.